Me and my Parenting philosophy
Me and my Parenting Philosophy
1. I’m the mother of a boy born in 2010
2. I believe firmly in attachment parenting and find that this approach is very intuitive to me. This means that I breastfeed, babywear, and co-sleep. I do not spank or let my child “cry it out”.
3. I am a working mom. Balancing career, work, studies and taking care of my child and home is not an easy task. But I am enjoying every minute of it.
4. I am religious and will be raising my child in my religion.
5. I care about the environment and try to make choices in parenting and life with the environment in mind.
6. I enjoy nature and the outdoors and want my child to spend a lot of time outdoors being physically active too.
7. I am considering doing a PhD in corporate social responsibility and consider issues related to consumer ethics when deciding which products to buy for my family.
8. I respect my child. I treat them with him with the same respect as adults and do not belittle him.
9. I believe in diversity. I want my child to be exposed to people from different cultures, different generations, different sexual orientations, and different levels of income.
10. I read to my child. I believe that books can open up new worlds. Most of my reading right now is children’s literature.
11. I am not a martyr. I know that I need some time to myself to recharge. I enjoy coffee breaks while at work. I enjoy participating in team sports. I am addicted to a few TV shows and like unwinding on-line.