to my "Little Batman" on Valentine's day


Feb 14, 2013.

Dear Luigi,

       Today is Valentine’s day. But Nanay has lots of appointments today.

Nanay called you up this morning but you were still sleeping.  I arrived at DLSU-Dasmariñas at 8:30 am. Nanay has Four (4) companions, I am with my DLS Zobel officemates. Anak, how I wish I could you bring you to this place (Aklatang Emilio Aguinaldo) someday because this is my. I this is where I grew up personally and professionally. Glad to see those people.. it feels like coming back home again. Though it is a short visit, but it is worth it.

We go back to DLS Zobel in the afternoon because I have a meeting to attend to. Mama Sayee told me that you miss me. Nanay also misses you. But this is part of Nanay’s job. You will understand this as you grow older.

After  the meeting, I have to hurry up to go to UP—Diliman for my Graduate Studies. I was caught by the V-Day’s traffic, glad I was able to attend the class. We have a guest today… the Indigenous people from Porac, Pampanga. I admire their Literacy Advocacy.  I thought and wonder of those people who have “PhD’s” or Full (FOOL) Professors, what do you they contribute to the society?  Not only to the youth of today but also to those adults who wanted to be literate?


Please eat well. Nanay will be home soon.  We will read your favourite story book before going to sleep.

Nanay loves you – maraming beses.

                                                       Love,
                                                       Nanay

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...