What does a Stay-At-Home-Mom (SAHM) do all day?

What do a stay at home moms do all day? Well, apparently this is what everyone thinks in a nutshell:




I saw this photo going around on Facebook and laughed because it’s so true.

Before having my son I wondered what in the world stay at home moms do all day. I mean really, could it be that hard? You make sure they don’t kill themselves, and get to chill out all day. Why do people call it the hardest job in the world? 

Well, since having my son I’ve started singing a different tune. Even to this day, at 2 years old, he still craves my attention more than anything else, and it’s hard to get anything else done, including housework, and work I need to do from home.

I haven’t been at home with him all day every day since maternity leave. I work full-time but he’s usually by my side all day Saturday and Sunday, weekends after 5pm and heck, any other time I’m not at work.

So I can’t speak as a stay at home mom but I can speak as a mother and I know how people’s perceptions of what it’s like can be way off, including our own.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...